Monday, August 26, 2013

Morning Snooze

Ten minutes later.
*Beep*Beep*Beep*Beep*
What?! It’s morning already? But I was rolling around only a few minutes ago. What’s the time now? No, wait!! That means you’ll have to open your eyes. Maybe half open it. Nah, can’t see anything. *Beep*Beep* By God, that sound is annoying! Make it stop, somebody!! Ahh! Time to get up, I guess. Holiday?? No! Am I feeling uneasiness in any part of my body? Not really, but if I look hard enough I would locate some minor niggle somewhere. Close observation would mean you lose your sleep!! Time to get up, but first things first; find the mobile. Ok, it’s not on my bed. It was right here. Oh! There it is on the floor. Aaaaaand it’s working! Yes. Hmm…no messages from her. Called her last night, alright. *Beep*Beep* Accio! Accio! Damn! Would have worked in a dream. Really should stop these late night calls. Can’t recall a thing about the conversation. What the hell do these couples talk about for hours? All I am able to contribute after the first thirty minutes is Oh! Hmm, Uh-huh and the likes. But she never runs out of topics. One of these days I have to actually listen to what she says. That’s not the point here. Damage control, if there was any. How can I be sure? Check last few messages. But, there are a lot of them. Once I wake up properly. Oh! Whatever happened to that last status update of mine on Facebook? I hope that hot chick I have not spoken to in months has liked it. She’s been liking a lot of my posts lately. Is she sending me a message? Does she want me to reach out? The computer is three yards away and I’ll have to get up. Once I wake up properly, I will. *Beep*Beep* Stop, please, stop!! Focus! She has not messaged you, yet! Send her one. Alright, short and simple. “Good Morning”. No, no, no terms of endearment those flip the girls off after a fight. Smiley, yes! Kiss?? No! Smile, that’ll do. Pop in a ‘dear’, that should do. The smiley might backfire. Hmm, true. “Good Morning Dear”. And now wait. Ok, gotta get up now, office beckons. Not really, few more minutes of sleep won’t do any harm. Skipping breakfast, and combining a few morning rituals would get me office-ready in thirty minutes. *Beep*Beep* What if she messages while I’m asleep? Won’t that make things worse? No more late night half-asleep conversations. And what about the FB hottie, what if she reaches out and I’m not there to respond? What if I oversleep and be late to office?? What the hell did I tell her yesterday night? *Beep*Beep*
Aaaaaargh!!!
Ten Minutes Later: *Beep*Beep*

Huh! So soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment